Thursday, March 1, 2012

CANDLEGRIEF


English Version of the Poem, LIDAY TI KANDELA, published in BANNAWAG MAGAZINE, issue January 26, 2012.
 
On this table for two,
my arms support the weight
of my forehead 
plowing the wooden surface
and this candle before my head
is weeping and the tears,
like a river 
strongly flowing
towards the sea.
 
(Is the salt  my pain
and the tasteless water your feeling?)
 
 
The fading flame is so lonely
but  still  mirroring 
brightly your face,
kissed by the thickening darkness
that drinks your empty chair in front of me..
 
( Did I come as a moth tonight
or am I  really a moth as a powdery residue
of  my sobbing blaze? )
 
I don’t hear any other sound
except that very sweet 
melody of the band
but  oh, how heartbreaking does it bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment