Saturday, March 3, 2012

PARTING


It is still warm in the strands  of this poem
The flying kiss you blew to me on that day our path
Had to be ripped apart by two roads.
I always feel on my lips, 
On my cheeks,
On the forehead of every  entombed afternoon,
Or on each blossoming dawn,
Its tenderness and aroma 
Which is amalgamated with the breeze.
I have gone too far, maybe as distant 
As you have reached
And if I have to look back to the place where
Our handclasp had loosened, I could 
No longer see the two shadows
Which were pulled apart,


The darkness of this forest swallowed me
And the valleys and hills I passed by 
Have buried the place.

But in my every step and yours,
The memory engulfs me stronger 
And I disclose, 
Your presence keeps smoldering.

To tell you, I used to relate 
You to the beauty of flowers-
From budding to blooming; 
To the flawless and fog-skirted
Mountains or their ears with rainbow rings.
But now, your face, your everything,
The typical skin of creation does not
Have ample figurative panorama to spell you out.

Your substance has gone so deep now,
Deeper than the pots we have accustomed
To make when we were young
By dipping our dirty elbows in the sand
To make hollows, filling them up
With our playfulness and laughters.

Your memento is the only spring
That can reach the eye-sucking bottom
Of this parching  abyss of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment