Thursday, March 1, 2012

FIBBER



Desolation howls
From the eerie footsteps 
Of memory;
It wriggles on my skin 
And I am hiding underneath 
This clean sheet of sleep
But oh, nightmares await here,
Sneeringly  smiling at me.
I am avoiding twilight
To knock at my door;
I am running away as it chases
Me with the arrow 
Of bitter past, unleashes it right 
To my heart
And now I slipped 
And I am hanging on
To the brim of my hollowed eyes.
You said before to follow 
Your path,
A road carpeted with flowers 
And soothing grass 
Which you 
Whispered to me  a paradise 
But only to find myself 
Gasping from cascading sobs.
You are a scourge
Rubbing your sullied and itchy skin against
The edges of yesterdays you deceived
After soaking yourself
In your own mud.
 
___________________
*English version of my   first Ilokano Poem , KUSIT, published in Bannawag Magazine, June 9, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment